Monday, December 1, 2008

Library 2.0 & Web 2.0

After reading "Where will the next generation Web take libraries?" and "To a temporary place in time..." in the OCLC Next Space Newsletter, I agree with the thoughts and feeling of Dr. Wendy Schultz ("To a temporary place in time..."). I, too, believe that libraries will be more needed in the future and that the population will have more and varied information filled library experiences. People will need/want to learn about their history and 3D services will be there to help them. Those who want the virtual reality experience will be helped as well as those who want the augmented reality experience. I visualize a future with lots of people needing/wanting lots of answers/information and there being librarians there to guide them along the way. {Sometimes I'm such a dreamer, but this portion of the OCLC Next Space Newsletter really inspired me!}

No comments: